Who should attend?
- Persons or organizations whose collection, use and disclosure of personal health information is governed by the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 ( PHIPA) such as:
- health care practitioners including doctors, dentists, nurses and pharmacists
- hospitals and psychiatric facilities
- Health researchers
- community care access corporations (CCACs)
- long term care facilities and nursing homes
- ambulance services
- boards of health
- Individuals who advise persons or organizations governed by PHIPA such as chief privacy officers, legal counsel, privacy consultants and IT service providers
- Persons or organizations whose practices and procedures are impacted by PHIPA such as prescribed entities and registries and research ethics boards.
- and person(s) who work as a health information custodian in both the private or public sector in Ontario
The PHIPA Summit 2006 will provide further insight into the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and offer strategies to protect the privacy of individuals and maintain the confidentiality of personal health information that is collected.